Thursday, March 4, 2010

Feb 26th Photo Friday

Yes! I did it! I remembered again! After my failure last week, I was determined to remember this week's submission. The challenge was Self Portrait...I've never done a self portrait...I always kinda felt vain taking photos of myself. But, duty calls (duty Chrissy, not dooty).

When I asked myself, what a good self portrait would be, I pondered the things that brought me to be who I am today and the things that influence me on a daily basis. I didn't think it would be an appropriate self portrait if I didn't show example of those things as well. So here is what I came up with...


This is me surrounded by the things that influence me daily. My 3 terrific pups, my awesome cat, my fiance, Steven and my hobbies, photography and cycling (those are my cycling glasses I'm wearing). Yes, there are tons more things that influence me but these were the easiest things to represent. Yes, my family has had a huge part in making me who I am today but I didn't have any printed pictures of my family (this is something I need to remedy). Thanks to everyone who's helped me grow as a person or who has dealt with me on my  continuing journey (it couldn't have always been easy). I can only hope as I age and mature (like a fine wine? No? Maybe?) that who I become will do justice to those that influenced me.

And on that note, thanks for reading!

Yep, I still haven't uploaded the engagement photos, I'M SORRY! I've been painting a master bathroom! I'll try to this weekend..promise...


-Liz DiNatale
oakcityphotographync@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment