Friday, November 19, 2010

Beach Bums

Back in the later part of the summer I got a request from Debi (my step-mom) to take some new photos of her and my father. This was supposed to be their Mothers and Fathers day gift. We managed to schedule a weekend for the photos but I'm only just NOW finishing the editing. Remember...life was hectic...

In any case, I'm very happy that I can now share them with everyone. So here's the scoop. 
My darling parents' dream has and ever will be to retire as beach bums. Today, they're closer than they've ever been before (they own a beach house...they're still working on the bum part). It was then only logical that we take these photos at the beach. I'm still finding sand in my camera bags. 

Debi is a fantastic model, she knows which way to look and when to smile and how much to smile...my Dad on the other hand...he kept on making alligator-neck faces. When I told Debi to put her leg in the air, my Dad did instead. Now I know why I'm such a smart-ass.
I did manage to get a few good photos of him though...just had to make sure he didn't realize I was taking them...




And then when Dad would goof off, Debi would start giggling. It honestly reminded me a little of Steven and I. After some coaxing (I think I offered beer) I get them both in order (at the same time) to get some good ones. 


Say it with me....AAAAAAaaaaawwwwwwww


You crazy, gray haired beach bums, I lurv you.

That's all for now, I'm caught up on photoshoots. I have a feeling I'll be sharing some various family photos soon though! 

Thanks for reading, have a fantastic weekend!

Liz DiNatale

No comments:

Post a Comment