Friday, March 16, 2012

Photo Friday: Floral

In my other life as an engineer, I've been busy with week long training in Asheville the last couple of months. My boss, bless him, is focused on getting me through all 4 levels of the Rosgen stream restoration training. The classes have been intense: hours of lecture, hours of field work, tons of data. I'm loving it. Granted a lot of why I'm loving it is because the last two have been hosted in Asheville, NC. That town makes my heart go pitter-patter.

This last training week we stayed in a cute 2 bedroom house on a tiny lake right behind the Asheville mall. Driving into the neighborhood is rather bizarre. At one moment you're surrounded by tons of shops, people and cars and the next you're in the middle of the woods driving around a quiet serene lake. I found this house on VRBO.com and I'm certain we'll be back. It was perfectly quaint. The owners did a nice job dressing up the property with a fire circle and deck off the lake. They've also sculpted a trail down to the stream that the lake flows into. It was perfectly peaceful with a moss covered walkway, trickling stream, old wooden bridges and cute tiny flowers. Which brings me to this Photo Friday: Floral.


Can I go back now? Actually we might be going back next weekend! We're excited about the opening of our friend's newest restaurant, Strada! Opening in Asheville early next week! Yay! While I was very sad to see Fiore's close, I know Anthony will do amazingly well in his new venture, can't wait! The website isn't quite ready yet but here it is, http://stradaasheville.com/ it will be located at 27 Broadway in downtown Asheville.

As for this weekend, I'm going to hope and pray that it doesn't rain so I can wash my filthy car, plant bushes and enjoy the mild weather before the bugs start taking over again. Oh and maybe I'll find some green beer, Happy Saint Patty's Day!!

Liz DiNatale
www.oakcityphotographync.com

No comments:

Post a Comment