Friday, September 13, 2013

Off topic: DC

The weekend before last I took a short road trip with a friend to the north. Since I was heading all the way to NY and it's quite the drive, I convinced my friend to tag along for half the trip and gave her a reason to visit friends in DC. 

I was pretty excited about my layover in DC. I hadn't visited the city since I was a little girl. The bits and pieces I remember about that trip involved mostly Star Trek and matching family shirts. Yes...we were that family. Considering my incredible improvement in photography equipment since that time (I had no camera) I decided to take advantage of my time in DC and photograph some of my favorite monuments. 

So after an awesome night of local brew-pubs, subway systems and air mattress sleeping, I awoke early to beat all the tourists. I had no idea that by doing so I'd run right into the prime "run around the monuments" time. It was an event for sure. I managed to capture several people sweating in running shorts, oh well.

Here are some of my favorites from my early morning saunter around DC. 

The Lincoln Memorial has always been one of my favorites. 

This was a bunch of Navy guys out doing their PT

The Washington Monument reflected in the Vietnam War Monument. 

I never appreciated these monuments when I was a kid. But being out there alone on a cool Saturday morning with just my thoughts and my camera to keep me company...they meant a whole lot more. I'm very glad that we have them. 

Now's the time to think about family photos for holidays cards! This week alone I booked 3 new photoshoots. Stay tuned for lots of awesome smiling faces!

Liz DiNatale

No comments:

Post a Comment