Friday, May 1, 2015

Elegant Mountain Wedding

A few weekends back I found myself surrounded by a huge group of loving people who were all gathered in the town of Asheville, NC to celebrate the beautiful wedding of Emily and Mike. I've known Emily for a few years now and was thrilled when she asked me to be her photographer! I was even more thrilled when she told me she planned to be married in Asheville (I have a crush on that city).

I had the wonderful pleasure of being there to help her as she planned her wedding (I was more moral support, she had it handled) and aid her where I could. We had a blast last October when we went to Asheville for her bridal portraits (that'll be the next post) and we had a  blast a few weeks ago when all her planning came to fruition for her spectacular wedding! 

I worked this wedding on my own and wow was I winded by the end of the night. I enjoyed every second of it because these people are some of the best people. They and their friends and family were all so happy and had such a good time, it made the time fly by. 

Mike and Emily were blessed with a beautiful sunny day for a wedding with not a cloud in the sky. Some photographers might cringe when say that (I know I did when I saw it) but in the end the day was spectacular and I managed to get a few good photos as well. 

Their ceremony was short and sweet. The majority of my time was spent capturing candid photos of the bride and groom and their guests. Here are a few of my favorites. Enjoy!









Emily thought of everything with this wedding. From the napkins to the "don't take my drink!" signs, she was on point. I've never met a more detailed oriented and yet level headed bride before. It was a pleasure working with her and Mike! 

Congratulations Mike and Emily Collins, it was fantastic! 

-Liz DiNatale

1 comment: