Friday, March 18, 2011

Marianne and Adam plus a B(ee)

I am happy to announce that our circle of friends has been expanded by 1. Our friends Adam and Marianne have welcomed their, much awaited, son. But before we get to the baby photos, allow me to share a teaser set from their maternity photo shoot.

Chrissy and I were working double duty for Marianne and Adam's photo shoot. On one side, we were photographers and on the other we were agents on a super secret mission to get them out of the house so it could be decorated for their baby shower. Well, maybe it wasn't super secret, but it's fun to pretend.

We all piled into the expecting parents' very pretty Ford F150 and drove to Lake Crabtree park on the border of Cary and Morrisville. This park has a lot to offer. Not only do they have walking, hiking and mountain bike trails but they also have a boat rental location, a small sandy beach, beach volleyball nets and a really cool tower lookout. It was a very windy but beautiful day that Saturday. Marianne and Adam were great subjects and the little B(ee) did great too! 

Enough of my yammering, onto to the photos! You will have to bear with me, I couldn't pick just one.





(This is a complete side note, but I love Marianne's nails. Serious manicure envy here.)

Apparently Dad and B(ee) were having an intriguing conversation on the stairs of the lookout. 



Crabtree Lake park has a really pretty pergola that's completely grown over. If I had a pergola, that is how I would want it to look. It made the best natural shade, ever. 



Marianne and Adam started to get a little nervous about the B(ee) showing up, so we decided to stop for some light reading.


(Another side note, Adam's book's title is The Dudes' Guide to Pregnancy)

Gratuitous semi-silhouette. In all seriousness, I love silhouette maternity photos. I feel like the drama of the photo technique is a fitting way to capture the emotion of carrying your baby. Of course this is all speculation on my part, since I have not actually been pregnant. Mothers reading my blog, would you agree?


Marianne and Adam are well on their way to being great parents.


Believe it or not, there are still more photos from this photo shoot online that I didn't share here. I've got to leave something a mystery so you'll visit our site. Chrissy and I had a great time working with Adam and Marianne. They were great sports when dealing with all the wind and the glaring sun. The entire time Marianne had a wonderful smile, even when we weren't photographing her. I can only imagine it was because she was so happy to be so close to meeting her son.

And on that note, I'll leave you with one final photo. The "After" photo as I like to put it. Readers, allow me to introduce, Max (aka Bee). 


He is apparently not a fan of the camera. We'll have to work on this. 

Thank you for reading. Stay tuned, I'm hoping to do a post for Photo Friday this weekend as well! Have a great weekend, enjoy the wonderful weather.

-Liz DiNatale

No comments:

Post a Comment