Friday, April 1, 2011

Photo Friday: Mother Nature

I apologize for my absence, the last few challenges haven't really been intriguing. I'll read them on Friday, and forget about them until the following Friday in which case it is too late to submit anything.

However, I was excited about this Photo Friday challenge. I love nature photography. It's definitely my favorite next to portrait photography. This week has been pretty dreary though, with no good days for photo opportunities. Plus with the crappy weather I just felt like *bleh* all week long. I'm so glad the sun has finally decided to show its face again!

The photo I'm using for this Friday's photo challenge is one I took while my husband and I were away on our honeymoon in Breckenridge, Colorado. I know I've talked about it before on here so I'll not go into much detail. This photo was taken on our way back from from the summit of Quandary Peak.


Those cool puffs of white are mountain goats! We came across a herd of them trying to cross from the lake side of the mountain to the...non lake side. I thought this was an appropriate photo for the challenge Mother Nature since it is actually a picture of a mother goat and her kid! Besides birds, random rodents and peoples dogs these were the only animals on the mountain. Shortly after taking this photo, they started walking towards us. We felt it was time to go then. 

Coming up for SOR, the weather is turning warm! I'm looking forward to some early summer photo shoots.

Thanks for reading!

-Liz DiNatale
www.oakcityphotographync.com

No comments:

Post a Comment