Sunday, April 24, 2011

Celebrating James & Emily





Last weekend I participated in my brother and his fiancee's wedding shower in Greenville, NC. They held the event at a nice sports bar-type venue called CPW's. 





It was a fun event with the usual quirky games and present opening. And of course, the awesome prizes. 


Seriously awesome:


We played a game with clothespins on a string around our neck. You were given one clothespin when you arrived and lost your clothes pin if you were caught saying "James" or "Wedding". I lost my clothespin after about 30 seconds. I managed to steal a few other clothespins but would always end up losing them. Yep, I failed. 


 






On a better note, I met my brother's future mother-in-law. And now I know where Emily gets her sweetness.








After the gifts were opened and the party was drawing to a close, we gathered for a few serious group shots....completely serious. 


I love that I could simply say "Ok, now everyone try to lick Emily" and no one questioned me or even paused. Excellent job, ladies. Now for the serious photo. These are Emily's ladies, or at least most of them. They are all wonderful girls; I really enjoyed getting to know them. 


I also took the time at the shower to get to know a couple of James's guys. I'll be standing up there with them after all and I had no idea who most of them were. I think we'll all get along famously. The real test will be in Asheville in about two weeks. If we survive that we'll be golden. 

Gratuitous group shot:


I giggle every time I see this photo. I love everyone's expression, including those that aren't actually trying to be funny. 

Good times. If the wedding shower was this much fun, I'm very much looking forward to the wedding. I'm looking forward to stealing Emily away for some bridal portraits soon. Hopefully I'll be able to share a teaser from that session in the next few weeks. Stay tuned.  


Happy Easter Everyone!

-Liz DiNatale
www.oakcityphotographync.com

No comments:

Post a Comment