Friday, April 29, 2011

Photo Friday: Minimalist

Happy Friday everyone!

I hope everyone has fared well through the storms and are looking forward to a nice weekend.

I was having a hard time picturing something that would work for this Photo Friday. I even went so far as to check what other people had submitted but unfortunately that only helped my showing me what I didn't think was an appropriate way to show minimalist.

Inevitably, I ended up flipping through my recent photos to see if there was anything that spoke to me. To my luck, there was. This was a photo I took back in January. We were on a walk in Umstead park with the dogs.


The more I look at this photo, the more I feel right about it. Interpret it as you like. The way I see it, is a man alone with his companions in nature. Without the busy, complicated infrastructure we create around us. This picture feels like a long deep exhale.

So, that's my interpretation. What do you picture when you think, minimalist?

I hope everyone has a nice weekend planned; this might be the last weekend without the threat of mosquitoes! I killed my first one yesterday. It's always down hill from the first mosquito killing.

Thanks for reading!

-Liz DiNatale

No comments:

Post a Comment