Friday, May 20, 2011

Photo Friday: My World

Hello blog and facebook note readers. I hope you're having a super-fantastical Friday. So far, so good for me. Besides skipping my workout this morning, (which could be argued as a positive) this Friday has been treating me right. I procrastinated taking a photo for this week's challenge until the very last minute. I couldn't think of a way to show my day to day world without it being so boring you'd all stop reading my posts.

Between exercising the pups morning, noon and night and loving on them in the times between exercising them...then feeding them and cleaning up after them, I'd say that my world is dominated by my dogs and our commitment to them. 

I'm betting that about now most of you are rolling your eyes at the screen. "Dogs...they're only dogs". Yeah, they're canines but they're so much more. I swear, a Border Collie can put sentences together. I don't have to give my dogs a one line command, I just talk to them and they know what I want. I just have to look at them crossly and they know they've done wrong. They know patterns better than I do. But with all this smarty-pants-ness, they require a bit more than the typical pup. If they don't get some sort of exercise *daily* they will drive us nuts...and then they'll become destructive. But you know what? It's all worth it. There's nothing like a Border Collie. You can look them in the eyes and see the wheels turning. 

Stepping off my soapbox now. Back to the task at hand. This is how I could best capture my world at 8am this morning.


I'm in my neighborhood (that's my street). I'm exercising my ball-obsessed dogs (I have a funny story about how ball obsessed they are that I'll share at the end of this blog) and I'm dressed for work...yep that about sums it up. 

Hopefully the next challenge will be a little more interesting. 

Ok, now for that funny story. A couple weekends ago a former coworker of mine had a bunch of us over to his house in Raleigh for "College Night". Which consisted of beer and foods you'd typically find in a college dorm or party. We even had a tasting contest where we had to identify each beer by their "unique" taste. I say "unique" because the same mild taste of beered down water. I came in second. I was pretty proud of myself considering I didn't drink crappy beer in college. My baby beer was Newcastle....anywho, I digress. 

My ex-coworker also invited everyone's' dogs to play with wild abandon in his back yard, so we brought our 3. Sometime when our dogs first learned to fetch (6 months to a year old) they realized that interaction with other dogs is sssoooo lame (imagine a valley girl type voice when you read that) and prefer to ignore their presence and play fetch. They'll do this until you put up all toys that can be fetched. This inherently means they'll keep searching for toys that can be fetched before they give up. Gunnar found each and every ball that was ever lost, hidden, buried, discarded and mourned. I believe the grand total was 13 balls. I really wish I had a picture of it; we had all 13 lined up on the railing. They went from looking not so bad-ish to completely stripped of any fibers and looking about 20 yrs old. We are pretty sure he found every ball there was to find because eventually he tried to snatch the balls we had already placed out of his reach. Aaahhh obsession.....

I hope you all enjoyed this post. Don't bother going to the Photo Friday website to vote for my picture, I didn't post it in time to submit it. Everyone have a wonderful weekend, I'm heading to Carolina Beach to visit an old friend, the Fat Pelican. 

Thanks for reading!

-Liz DiNatale
www.oakcityphotographync.com

No comments:

Post a Comment