Thursday, November 18, 2010

Back into the swing of things!

Wow, long time no see! Sorry, my fault. 

My life got a little hectic between my last post and September 25th. What happened you ask? Oh nothing, just got hitched...became a wifey...strapped on the ol' ball and chain (or is it an apron for us girls?)

I've gotten the question, "So, hows married life?" a lot lately. The  honest truth, in our case, it's exactly like unmarried life was. But unmarried life was good, so, married life is good! The wedding was phenomenal, everything I could have wanted and more. I would do a whole recap on the weekend here but this is not the time or the place. However if you'd like to read about our adventurous honeymoon, we blogged about it!

My intent of this post is very simple. Now that the wedding is over, and Steven has seen the dress...I can finally do a blog post about my bridal portraits!! *does a happy dance*

My last post was just the tip of the iceberg, there was so much more to share. To recap, these were taken in August at Second Empire in downtown Raleigh. Chrissy did such a fantastic job. I'm really trying to not be biased but these photos are just beautiful. 



The major challenge to photographing a wedding dress with details is that the details often get drowned out. For instance, my dress is ivory with gold stitching and beading. If you introduce too much light, to perhaps, get the correct color on skin, then you run the chance of overexposing the white dress and losing the delicate detailing. 

Did Chrissy do that? Nope!



I will always treasure these photos. I'll never get to wear that dress quite like that again.Granted, it was heavy, and incredibly difficult to swing dance in but...oh that train.
Good memories, good times. Thank you again Chrissy doing such an excellent job. If we are this good single-handedly, imagine the photos with two photographers! 

I'll leave you with one last photo and a promise that I'll be back much more often than I  have been in the last few months. Now that life has returned to normal and I'm  not planning the biggest party of my life to date, I can focus on my challenges and start posting my Photo Fridays again! One last thing, the holidays are around the corner, do you have your family portrait yet?! Check out our Lifestyle & Family Portraits packages for your holiday needs.


Seriously love this photo. 

As always, thanks for reading!

Liz DiNatale

No comments:

Post a Comment