Monday, February 15, 2010

Bring on the baby photos!

Hi everyone - it's Chrissy. Yes, I do exist; I'm not some figment of Liz's imagination. I thought I'd try my hand at this blog posting thing and give you all a taste of what I've been up to.

As you saw, Liz was able to capture some of the larger (yet tender and beautiful) moments of my pregnancy. Photographing a big belly and hormonal mommy-to-be must have been a challenge for Liz, but she did a great job and it was interesting for me to be on the other side of the lens. I felt rather clueless and in need of direction - thank goodness I was able to rely on Liz to put together the perfect shots. Not only was she able to manage me, a flopping around baby inside, and a scruffy hubby... she tamed the wild beasts and snagged some great family photos. You don't have to wait until the holiday season to capture those tender moments with your family. You and your loved ones are changing daily... growing up, growing as a family, experiencing the world in new ways each day. Contact us today to seal those moments in photographs.

A few weekends ago, we turned the tables and put Liz on the other side of the camera for her engagement photo session. What a fun time! We look forward to sharing some of our favorite shots and hearing your feedback. It helps to have such willing and good-looking subjects (Liz's pups always cooperate!) Oh, and Steven and Liz were great, too. :-D Be on the lookout for a post soon!

Being a Mommy is a whole new and exciting experience for me. Since I've been holed up indoors (due to doctor's recovery instructions AND the lovely weather), I've found myself behind the camera almost daily documenting my daughter's every blink and yawn and poo
-face. (Slight exaggeration...) But I've found beauty in the simplest moments... and those moments make you wonder...

What do babies dream about?



Would they have chosen that outfit if they had a choice?


What are they thinking when they stare at you with those big baby eyes?


And is there anything more beautiful than the innocence of a baby's loving gaze?


Photographing an infant can be a challenge but the results are well worth it! It keeps me on my toes, juggling my lenses, inventing new poses, and capturing beauty in the tiniest of features.

~ Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment