Thursday, January 6, 2011

Photo Friday Challenge: Best of 2010

It turns out that the Photo Friday challenge for this Friday is "Best of 2010". This puts me in a pickle as I've already done a recap post. I can't use one of those photos again, that would be lazy. I went about choosing my "best" of the batch by going through each of our portfolio albums and picking my favorite and then picking my favorite of those. To be fair to all of my favorites, I'll show you my picks from each one. Plus it will make this post longer. As a disclaimer, I only used photos I know I took unless otherwise stated.

Best Friends (aka Pet Photography):

Arguable the photography we practice the most because well, we have 5 dogs between the two of us. It was hard to pick from this batch. 

I chose this photos first of all because I can remember taking it. Secondly, I loved this dogs eyes. They're so dynamic. 



Life-style & Family Portraits: This album acts as the catch all for photography that doesn't involve animals, maternity/infants, weddings or engagements. 

This was a tough pick, I really like a lot of photos in this section. I eventually went with this photo because it is pretty recent and I just love the relationships between husband, wife and baby in this photo.
  



Eep! We don't have any recent maternity or infant photos in our album! I'll work on that I swear! My family just welcomed the newest itty-bitty addition and I'm looking forward to taking some of her first professional shots!


Ok I'm cheating a little on this one. This is not a photo that I produced. Chrissy was the mastermind behind this gem. 

I'm trying not to be biased when I pick this photo. This is just some great work. The depth of field is grabbing, the colors are pure...the subjects are a bit odd, though. ;-) 




Last but not least, we come to our wedding photography. This is some of the most enjoyable work we do (in my humble opinion). It is so great to get the behind the scenes look at the makings of a wedding and then capture the precious moments for a new couple. ::Sigh:: Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. 

On that note, this is also the photo I chose for my Photo Friday submission. I feel like this photo tells a story. It's a moment captured in time, to last an eternity. 


I'm not exactly sure if this is the very best photo we or I took in 2010 but it moved me the most tonight. I hope you all enjoyed my second trip down memory lane. I'm looking forward to a big 2011, I hope you all are as well!

Thanks for reading!

-Liz DiNatale
www.oakcityphotographync.com

No comments:

Post a Comment